If you feel this way:
– I’m not doing enough cool stuff – There is little time (and little support) to create cool stuff, and to reach the creative goals we all have.
– I’m too busy! – Life is so busy that most of what we do is consume and react to content (e.g. mountains of email).
– Can anything help? – I’ve been wrestling with this and been reading from the ‘science of creativity’ about what helps, and honestly I find it hard to tell if any of these tips actually work. I want to try some of them out for an extended period and see if I get more done and do cooler stuff.
– Can I get support from like-minded others? – About 20 others are joining and if you’re keen, it’s an opportunity to learn a few new things, maybe meet some interesting people, and hopefully make progress on your project(s).
How to join or invite others
How it works
For three weeks, a small group of us will try to make progress on our creative side project(s). You can participate as much or as little as you like, work on whatever you want, and learn whether there are any research-based tips that can help.
– Dates – Starts Monday, 1/7 and lasts 3 weeks. During that time, the group of us will be trying to make progress on our individual creative goals for 3 weeks.
– Daily tips – I’ll send out a daily email with a research-based tip that supposedly helps you get creative work done. If you’re up for it, try to implement the tip. No worries if you don’t want to. And if you miss a day, no worries. Try another day. This isn’t a scientific experiment and if you can’t or don’t want to keep going, it doesn’t have any consequences at all.